Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hometown Days- The Tradtion Continues...

Daughter #1 and I ran in the Hometown Days FuN RuN this morning. We had planned to run the 10K but with an 8:30 start it was too hot. So we ran the 5K and she took first in her age division!!

We go way back with this run...my kids all started out being pushed in the jogger or carried in a backpack...and as soon as they were 4 years old they ran it on their own....and each year they won their age division.

Then they gradually went off to college...but today began a new tradition- the return of the graduate...home from college to run with mom! (Or actually beat mom, in today's case.)

But I wasn't too far behind and placed 2nd in my age group...but this year there were no medals for 2nd and 3rd place...and no hats for the winners of each age division...that damned economy!

On a MUCH HAPPIER note....the dog I am watching for 3 weeks....



good old Kiera, whose family was vacationing in Milan...until yesterday...when they left for France, is safe. I was very worried when I was listening to the radio early this morning and heard that a very strong earthquake shook Italy...and that there was extensive damage. Thankfully for email, I got a message that they were safe. Kiera was happy too!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*WIN A RUN*HUG A DOG*

4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh gosh! I hadn't heard about an earthquake in Italy. Yikes. Glad the pup's owners are good. Congrats on the run! How fun that it's a family tradition. It got real hot here again today too. :( Not ready for it yet.

Cindy Dwyer said...

What a great bonding opportunity!

Dana said...

Congrats to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go daughter! : ) I love her tie dyed leggings. Way to go YOU!!! You girls are stars for certain. Love your doggy sitting job. What a cutie. So glad her family is safe.