Tuesday, July 2, 2013

S.F. Women's Nike Marathon

On June 28th, 100,000+ people, mainly women, waited for an email notifying them if they were lucky recipients of a slot in the S.F. Nike Marathon in October.

 *It's the 10 anniversary so it is an even more special event.

Daughter #1 and I registered to run as a team with another survivor and her father from New Jersey....her mother has run all 10 years! When you register as a team, your entire team is either in or not. I have registered 8 times and gotten in 4x.

So imagine my surprise when Daughter #1 opened her email and said we were IN! Then I opened mine and saw.....
2013 Nike Women's Marathon

Your entry was not accepted, but your second chance opportunity is here. Read below for two opportunities to earn your spot at the starting line.

WTF mate?!! So I quickly text our friends...the 12 year old girl got in...but the dad did not. I tried to call the 800 number to no avail...so I sent an email and got a rather quick response...



CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED
You will join the thousands of women who will conquer the hills of San Francisco in the 10th year anniversary of the Nike Women's Marathon.

 The run is amazing and at the finish there are firemen dressed in tuxedos holding silver platters which are piled high with little turquoise Tiffany boxes where your finishers necklace resides. The race raises millions of dollars for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society- a cause close to our hearts since Daughter #1 and the girl we are running with are both childhood leukemia SURVIVORS!

Here we are at the finish of the 2011 half...and now we will run our 3rd Nike together...now that I got my offical email.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN THE NIKE...IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET IN THE LOTTERY*

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Congrats!

xoxox

Dana said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Wendy said...

Wonderful news. And what a special treat at the finish line. How cool is that!