Sunday, June 10, 2012

My first day of summer vacation...

An essay by Cheech Marin:
Okay. The first day on my vacation, what I did on my summer vacation, the first day on my vacation, I woke up. Then, I went downtown to look for job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The second day on my summer vacation, I woke up, then I went downtown to look for a job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The third day on my summer vacation, I woke up...

1972- Big Bamboo Album
Sister Mary Elephant

This was before my time in high school but I had a crazy friend who introduced the friends I hung out with to the finer humor of Cheech and Chong. So when I woke up yesterday morning, and The Captain looked over and said, "Happy first day of summer vacation....what are you going to do today?"  My answer was, "I think I will hang out at the drugstore," but he had no idea what I was talking about...until I refreshed his memory.

24 hours into summer vacation I couldn't be more relaxed or more pleased with the weather. Today calls for a bike ride or a swim...and a walk of the dog we are watching when she returns.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY THE SUN*

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is too funny : ) Maybe you should go to the drug store just to see what is happening there. I ran into the drug store yesterday on my way to a wedding for a camera card. It seemed like a very happening place to be.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

That is the best day of vacation...the first day!

Dana said...

Very funny! I would have liked to have seen The Captain's face when you told him about the drugstore. :)

Have a wonderful--and relaxing--vacation!

Unknown said...

LOL! Enjoy.

Wendy said...

Ah Cheech and Chong. Cheech and Chong. Those boys! You're starting your summer off about right with that attitude.

Shannon @I Survived and Now I Run said...

Yes my hubby does enjoy Cheech and Chong...lol, too funny! I love summer vacation...my kids have 2 more days and then look out summer...

Busy Bee Suz said...

I loved Cheech and Chong. This is funny.
So, how was the drugstore?? :)