Yep! On March 28, 2005 she graduated from Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford and was declared cancer free! She no longer needed to attend bi-weekly visits.- That's the running joke here. We have a few friends who graduated from Duke at 5. Imagine that!
This morning, the alum and I returned to Stanford to run in the Summer Scamper Fun Run. We hadn't run in a month...and we weren't sure how well we would do...and we only found out about the run last night. So we headed out early this morning with enough time to sign up, get our numbers and get in the corral. What we didn't know was that the 10K took off at 8 a.m. and the 5K ten minutes later. So when we got to the fork in the road we headed on the 5K route and no one was with us....everyone was running the 10K! It seemed a little odd to us that it was getting warmer out and no one else was running the 5K. As we headed down the home stretch a few of the fastest men passed us...then Daughter #1 realized what was happening. Duh! We felt so stupid. We ended with extremely good times...so good that we both placed. (Just call us Rosie Ruiz!) Thankfully we saw the results before we left so we went back and told the announcer NOT to call us with the winners. I still came in 5th in my age group which was far better than I thought I would.
Daughter #1 got a cool Honoree shirt to commemorate the run. There were just men's sizes for me so I got The Captain a size large. Now off to plan a party.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*START THE RUN EARLY TO ENSURE YOUR SUCCESS*


8 comments:
Good for her! Wow, that is such an accomplishment; one to be thankful for everyday upon waking!
The best words to hear,I'm sure. So happy for all of you!
Blessings, blessings, blessings!!
Wow! How nice that you still return to represent. That is such a funny story!
This is a good model for how a sweet story becomes a funny story. Congrats to you both.
Your family is amazing. I love reading about you all....so very inspiring.
Party on! xoxo
So wonderful! And ditto what Busy Bee Suz said. :)
I am so thankful for her recovery! What a blessing.
Post a Comment