Saturday, June 2, 2012

5 More DAYS!!

Until summer vacation!

Looks like I will be teaching first grade... after 27 years of teaching I have never taught a straight first grade...the pluses? It will be the first time since 1997 that I get to use the restroom before 12:30 after an 8:25 start of the day. The minuses? First grade!!! Is there life after 6 years old?

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*SUMMER IS IN SIGHT*

9 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

You're the second one of my Bloggy Teacher Buddies who is changing grades for next year. Are you ok with this change?

Busy Bee Suz said...

LOL...well, your bladder will be ecstatic about this change.
I'm excited for you!!!!

Dana said...

Sounds like a nice change of pace. :)

Happy Sunday!

gorillabuns said...

Congrats! I love first graders though, I am not a teacher.

Anonymous said...

I have Year One (5-6year olds) and I LOVE IT! I always taught reception before (4-5 year olds) and was a bit nervous about the HUGE (haha!) move, but I love Year 1 now. Next year I'm going up with them to Year 2 (gulp!) I think this will be too old for my liking, but I need to try it just to know for sure! Good luck with your bunch, and I envy your 5 day countdown - I still have 3 weeks...

Wendy said...

Just think of all the new fodder for blog posts. Enjoy the adventure!

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

HA! My daughter is a high school teacher and subbed for first grade this past year. Did not care for it. Said she only wanted to teach kids who did not have bathroom accidents. :-) Try to enjoy the adventure!

Anonymous said...

new grade..hmmnnn .kindergarten to first grade...this will be an adjustment. Although, the plus side is that first graders are more independent and less needy.

Unknown said...

I really like first graders : ) They are almost as cool as kindergarteners. Little people are the very best kind! You will rock it out.