I have two bikes...a road bike for fun... and
a hybrid bike for riding to work. It was once upon a time a mountain bike...now it sports thinner tires and two large baskets on the rear to carry "stuff" to work.
In 2011, I rode my bike to work everyday...except for the day it rained so hard I would not have made it down the BIG hill...so I walked to work. That year the assistant superintendent nominated me for Bike Commuter of the Year...and won. For several years I put 1,000+ miles on my bikes.
On sunny summer days you might find me on the road:
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN*

11 comments:
Hi you! Mahalo (Hawaiian for thank you) for visiting my blog,
Maui Jungalow.
If you're new to leaving comments for A-Z Challenge, I recommend googling the term "how to insert a hyperlink" and then copying and adjusting it for the name of your blog so that you can comment.
Have a great day! Good luck w/ the challenge!
Wow - I imagine there are days you look like Miss Gulch with both baskets full! I admire you for your commitment to this lifestyle. I don't trust OTHER people enough to ever ride a bike on a busy road.
I agree with Wendy about the not trusting others part. You commitment really inspires me!
I need to bicycle ride as much as you do... this post is making me think of the Queen song, "Bicycle"...
Greetings, A-Z Challenger! Looks like the Golden Gate Bridge? Nice.
I am impressed, especially with all those hills in SF -- an achievement on its own.
Minnesota is known for the most bike commuters. I am sure you would fit in just fine here.
Kate at Daily discovery
What a well-deserved honor to be Bike Commuter of the Year! I find myself admiring the cyclists pedaling uphill while I cruise by in my SUV (nervously). I wiped out badly once on gravel when riding a skinny-tired bike. Have the scars to prove it. Shortly after moved to a neighborhood with hills like those in SF, so I retired the old bike.
Thanks for commenting on my post about my dad watching baseball from a tree limb. So you used to watch games that way, too, huh?
Great space you've got here...love the blog, the bike and the antiques :-)
Wonderful blog and yea keep riding. Followed you.
I like bikes, I haven't had one for ages, but when my back and hips are up to it, it might be something to get...
I admire you and your biking capabilities!!!
Post a Comment