*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONEGER*LAUGH HARDER*X IS AWESOME*
A sequel to the LMNOP Blog...that ran out of photo space....everything here is true- except for the stuff I made up.
Monday, April 28, 2014
X
X is for X marks the spot...as in, I am exercising and have hit that spot where I feel good and am setting some personal bests. Last Thursday, at the local running store's Adventure Run, I followed some youngsters on the route. I don't have a smart phone and the map is sent out as an email when the run begins. You have 1 hour to run to as many checkpoints on the route as possible...and this was the first time I have made it to all checkpoints. At first I wasn't going to go to the furthest point...but I kept catching the 20-somethings at each stoplight so I just kept going. They were running fast- like sub 8 minute miles...but they had a smartphone with the map and I thought I could turn back if I had to. But I kept them in sight...and they kept tripping the lights for me. I think that run made me realize I could go faster. My mile swim yesterday was surprising too...I thought my time was 35 minutes and when I saw the time on my Garmin I was pleasantly surprised to see 29. I am not a fast swimmer but that was a great time for me. I just need to keep it up so I can rock an Rugged Mudder event next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good for you! If you like that you should check whether there are any orienteering competitions near you - they use real maps!
Well done for getting this far... nearly there!
Jemima
#TeamDamyanti
Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April
You must have been like a greyhound chasing the rabbit lure. Not a bad strategy!
Wendy at Jollett Etc.
Yes! I agree. Good for you. All of your adventures are very impressive.
Good for you!
So, you're getting better as you get older??? SO inspiring Marey!!
Post a Comment