Thursday, April 10, 2014

J

J is for juniper....(for lack of a better J)....when I was a kid, my dad would cut the tall Cypress trees that lines the edge of our yard. How I hated the trim days because my job was to pick up the branches and put them into the trash cans. No matter how hard I tried not to brush the branches against me, it inevitably happened. My skin would burn and welt. My complaints went unheard and I wondered why my sister didn't mind picking the branches up.


Years later, when I was plagued with a massive sinus blockage and could not smell for over a year, I underwent allergy testing. Nothing. Nothing to cause the infection that raged in my upper sinuses....but I was allergic to junipers...the Cypress family of trees...which is why I welted, itched and burned when I picked up the branches as a child. Too bad I didn't know that way back then or I could have gotten out of that chore.


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*I DON'T DO YEARDWORK WHEN CYPRESS TREES ARE INVOLVED*



3 comments:

Wendy said...

If you have to be allergic to something, this is probably as good as anything since it SHOULD be easily avoided.
Happy Friday!

Jeanette said...

Funny the things we are allergic to!

Glenda Cates said...

I do not do yard work period ever ever ever.