Wednesday, April 16, 2014

N

N is for "No-One," which is what my daughter called her little brother "Nolan." She had a hard time with "L's" which were substituted with "W's" and came out "No-One."

"Who did this?"  - "No-One" ...and we still use that to blame someone to this day.

Nolan is called BIG Foot on this blog because, well, he has earned that right. When you sport a size 15 shoe and you are 6'6" tall you are sometimes mistaken for Sasquatch.


 *LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*no one did it*

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! Having 2 grown sons myself, I enjoy this bit of sharing of yours. (And my younger son couldn't pronounce R's for years...so his older brother, Marco, was "MO-co"-! Not "Ma-co"..."MO-co"...!) Enjoy your anecdote about "no-one," thanks. Happy A-Z to you, too! - Pam (storycrossings.com)

Wendy said...

Such a funny story. My daughter had trouble with L's too. She would say, "I have yong yegs," which was so cute in itself because she was so little anyway, but we kept trying to correct her with an exaggerated "LLLLLong LLLLLLegs." Then one day she said, "I'm going out in the back yar- uh, back LLard." So to this day, we all still say "back lard."

Jeanette said...

Wow! Size 15 foot! Nice looking kid and beautiful scenery too!

Tracy Jo said...

That's hilarious. Love it!

Jemima Pett said...

Nice specimen of a wee lad you've raised there! I used to lisp, and still have trouble with my Rs. I can be very conscious of it if I'm in front of a mike, which of course makes it worse.

Happy AtoZing!
Jemima
#TeamDamyanti
Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April

alberta ross said...

Good looking BigFoot - didn't realize they were so, but what does a Brit know about the backswood:)