Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday

Sunday is a rest day for A-Z blogging....so since I do not have to blog a letter I will ramble.


Yesterday I ran in a run similar to a scavenger hunt. Each runner or walker had a card to check in at a card reader hidden at an area circled on the given map. You had to hunt for the check in scanner...which was what got me on the very first check in. I knew the circled area on the map was a school...but I ended up running around the school, climbing the fences....3x....to find the card reader...finally- about 8 minutes later, I found it. By then walkers were coming up to the check in...I had lost a lot of time. This is when I miss my daughter as my running partner.


The rest of the check points were in the park near my house. The advantage was mine because I knew the hill to the park is one that goes to my house...straight up! The rest of the runners marked their check points going in the shortest distance, but I knew if I went backwards to the checkpoints, I would have downhill on the way back- and if I cut through a school on the way to the park I would not climb the street I live on. Good planning there :)


I was only running the 5K because I had a luncheon for one of my student's First Holy Communion at noon. Still because of the late start I was cutting it close. I made it to the end just after a group who had been on my heels. I ended up first in the old lady category from the results posted later...I was the second woman to finish alone and not in a group! I am not sure what the prizes were but I had to leave before they were given out....usually just a certificate but it was a fun time.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*DON'T GET LOST*

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Missing the check-in point sounds like what happened with a couple on The Amazing Race tonight only they didn't follow directions which is why they kept going in circles.

(Can you believe on Tuesday we'll be half way through A to Z?!?!)

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Wow! That's still a really great time...2nd of all women!!! Good for you. Sounds like a fun 5K anyhow.