Monday, April 21, 2014

R

R is for Run...run baby run....RUN BOSTON- as in today...one year later.
I have never run Boston...I could be good enough to qualify if I had time to train...and not work...and had no other responsibilities. But unless I am still running when I am 80, I do not think I will ever qualify.

But today is history. A day to LIVE BOSTON STRONG. To defy terrorists. For those who did not finish last year, they may finish today...some on artificial limbs and some who are now deaf and have scars that are visible inside and out.

A nursing instructor had her students working at the finish line last year. She prepped them for dehydration, hypothermia, exhaustion and muscle cramps... and treating blisters. She told her students they would be inspired pushing those so exhausted in a wheelchair to the tent for care. Instead, the students turned into trauma nurses right there at the blast. She hoped her students would not change majors after the horrific experience. The next day her nursing students came to her and said they were going to be ER or trauma nurses as they wanted to be there for the worst types of accidents.

Boston changed many lives last year. Do you remember where you were when they found out who the suspects were?

The finish line is painted in the street...did you know that? Here were are at the finish last summer.

 And below are notes at one of the blast sights. There are two...with notes and photos pinned to the knitted Boston sleeve on the lamppost.


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN BOSTON STRONG*

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I've been watching the many interviews with victims and survivors the past several days. It's really inspiring to see the ones who are going back to finish the race they started last year. I get choked up just thinking about it.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Yes, it was an inspiring day today. I'm glad it went off without event other than the event of the Marathon. They honored folks who were victims and celebrated being in Boston. A good day!

And I bet at 80, you'll still be running!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Thank you so much for sharing the story regarding the new nurses. So inspiring.
I have a love for Boston since visiting there….what a great city and fabulous people. They sure are proud to be from Boston!