Friday, April 18, 2014

P

P is for painting. One that was especially just purchased for our bedroom...


The Captain and I had this area of the house that was originally a furnace room, made into a master bedroom 18 years ago. With kids and all the activities they come with, coupled with full time jobs, we never made a point to decorate our walls...they sat bare until I put my foot down and said, "WE HAVE TO FINISH OUR ROOM!"

I did some decorating but we still had a blank wall. So for The captain's birthday we went to a Flower and Garden Show at the fairgrounds. And right when we walked in we saw a vendor with sets of paintings that came in 3's. We chose this one as it matched our beachy theme.





And on a totally unrelated A-Z theme....last night my teacher's union held signs on the local busy street near the district office to raise awareness of our lack of contract...like 2 whole years without one. The district and bargaining team are most likely going to fact finding. When the news cameras rolled out, I crossed the street to join some other teachers as I did not want to be live on the 6:00 news. I successfully avoided being filmed...imagine my surprise when I saw this on the front page of the paper!!




That's me between the two signs! I never saw a photographer so assume it was taken with a zoom lens from across the road.
 
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY THE WEEKEND*

3 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh, contract negotiations (sigh)...I'm sorry it's been so long since you've come to terms. Although, we have and the terms suck too. Good luck!
I would have been mortified, especially after removing yourself. They should have to get signed waivers for using photos of people.

Jeanette said...

Love the painting!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The artwork is gorgeous!!!
The paparazzi always finds the stars. :)