Thursday, April 3, 2014

C

C is for Cactus garden....

We had to do some major tree cutting in our small backyard. The draught we "were" having made us rethink our lawn area and decide on some alternatives..but first....

When I was a little girl growing up in So Cal, the local grocery stores carried cacti in 3" plastic pots....right there in the produce section. I always asked my mom for one but she would never buy me one. Then one day while running errands with my dad, we went to the grocery store...and I asked....and he said YES! I picked out two...one met it's end when it fell out of the container when we were on vacation. The other lived on but did not grow very quickly. When I left for college I brought it with me. Eight moves later, when we finally purchased a house, I replanted it into a larger pot with catcus soil. It flourished...so well that a few weeks ago I decided to whack off all the babies growing on the sides and bulging out of the pot. AND I conveniently planted 3 of those babies into my new cacti garden in an area I claimed in the newly leveled backyard.

In the 80 degrees of a lovely weekend 3 weeks ago I turned this...
into this:
LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*PLANT SOME CACTI*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cactus story. Happy A to Z to U!

Wendy said...

Love the sawblade. I have a John Deere somethingorother on my fireplace mantle. Just love old tools for indoor and outdoor decor.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That cactus of yours has a story to tell. SO cool.