Sunday, April 6, 2014

F

F is for Five K  Fun Run....
Which I ran Sunday...and although not so fun because it began late and was a little warmer than I would have liked.... but it was a wonderfully FUN time after with a BBQ lunch and good friends.

The funny thing is my bib number was "1"....which will never happen again in my lifetime. The lower numbers, in large races are for seeded runners who are predicted to come in with the top times. In fundraising races, the honor of number one goes to the person who raised the most money. But in this small, high school fundraiser, you just walked up and received a number...and I happened to be first in line.

And once again, I ran one of my faster times in years and managed to get beat by faster, fitter women. Last month I would have broken 28:00 but I stopped to make sure a boy who fell was okay....this run I got water a few times but kept running and as I made my third and final loop I looked at my watch and thought I saw 29:03...and I was so sure I was running faster...and when I rounded the turn on the track I saw the scoreboard with 27:10.....and my finish was 27:40.......I was pleased. And I had been worried about tendinitis since my Achilles tendon has been bothering me...but I taped it up and it was no problem at all.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*HAVE FUN!*

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Go #1! So was your watch wrong or the timer wrong?

Anonymous said...

Running is the one thing I wish I could do, but alas after 3 knee surgeries it'll never happen. My admiration goes out to you! *another a to z blogger

Unknown said...

I completely agree, you have my admiration as well! I've done a bit of running in my life, certainly not enough to ever find it fun ;)-- I'm more of a biker, myself, and a walker. But I see on your side bar that you just do everything!! :0

Choki Gyeltshen said...

Great inspiration, keep running.