Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for FiLoLi

F is for Filoli, a local estate- a national trust for historic preservation. Although I have lived nearby for years, I paid my first visit on Wednesday. It was built in 1915 and was completed in 1917. It had two owners and in the end was  donated to the state to run. Tours are given of the downstairs and beautiful gardens. Cool facts about the mansion:

*Heaven Can Wait was filmed there.
*Dynasty had a few scenes filmed there and it is the Carrington Mansion that appears on the credits. Just hundreds of miles from Denver.
*Bob Villa filmed Guide to Historic Homes of America there.
*The name Filoli stands for FIght, LOve, LIve



F is also for flowers- the tulips and daffodils were in full bloom. Good timing on our part.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*TOUR A MANSION*

7 comments:

Helen Baggott said...

Wow! I remember it from Heaven Can Wait!

MOV said...

beautiful photos! I want to go there now........

best,
MOV

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to live here, just for the flowers aand the pool! I'm imagining the inside too...

Bish Denham said...

Oh my, what a lovely place.

Kela McClelland said...

Wow that's a gorgeous place and the flowers-so pretty. Great F post :)

Horst Peters said...

Dropped by on my A-Z tour. FiLoLi looks like quite the place. Great pictures.

http://horst-peters.blogspot.ca/

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow...what a gorgeous *little* place!