Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Zamboni...

....as in the title of this children's book....


Who wouldn't want to drive one?


The town I teach in had a centennial parade a few years back. All the schools and businesses participated. The parade went for about a mile down the main avenue in town. The local ice rink owners drove the Zamboni in the parade right behind my school....and at the half way point there was a loud "Ka-BOOM!!" The Zamboni popped tire! It scared us all, until we realized what it was and then we laughed with relief.

Zzzzzzz.....Happy A-Z April.....now I put this alphabet month to sleep. Ba-Zinga

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY A BLOGGING CHALLENGE*

10 comments:

Glorygarden@msn.com said...

My hockey loving son would have liked this as a kid...or maybe he still would now that he's 24!

Dana said...

I bet my kids would love that book. I'll look for it at the library today.

Congrats on finishing the challenge. I've enjoyed your posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday! I hope you enjoyed every minute of your day.
Also, I am impressed that you finished the challenge. I made up a 30 day positive goal challenge for myself in August. After Day 21, I was done..

Sharkbytes said...

A great Z, and a great story to go with it! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Zamboni -- love that word! Of course, it sounds more like a name for a magician or fortune teller. Congratulations on a strong finish for the AtoZ Challenge. I enjoyed visiting here each day.

Linda King said...

I've never heard of the book or the word Zamboni - but what a great word! I've been trying to follow you back (you followed me during the A-Z) for a couple of weeks but I kept getting an error page each time I tried to follow or comment! Seems to be fixed now! Nice to 'meet' you - thanks for all the visits to my blog :-)

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I love this book! I also love the zamboni. You did it! All the letters are done!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for Zamboni!! Who has not wanted to drive one?
Thanks for a great A to Z challenge finish!

come see ours at
http:/ladysknight.wordpress.com/

Arlee Bird said...

I've heard that the Zamboni factory is in Paramount, CA which is just a few miles from where I live. I wonder if they give tours?


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

Unknown said...

I can't even imagine how loud that boom was!