1. I would not miss an assigned duty at work.
2. I would run, ride or swim an event each month.
(Shortly into the New Year I missed traffic duty. To my defense, the schedule changed and I was assigned Tuesday instead of Wednesdays...and I was setting up for Valentine's day and, well...I got a call saying to get my butt outside. And I haven't missed since- even in the downpour.
I began New Year's Day with a local 5 K. I had planned the 10 K but after going to bed at 2 a.m. and then getting a call from BIG Foot at 3:15 that he missed the last train from the BART Station...and could I "please come get me mom," I had very little sleep.
February and March were the Pre Season Burn mini triathlons.
With April coming to a close, Daughter #1 and I needed to find an event. We found a local school fundraiser 5 K for $15. Such a deal! So this morning at 9:30, we ran in the Hottest weather here since last year. But the run was so small, I placed 2nd in my age group and Daughter #1 placed 1st! She got a $50 gift card and a baseball cap for her dad. We couldn't believe it...and we wished we had borrowed Monty the dog to drag us up the two big hills faster.
So far the goals are paying off. Last year my goal of not driving to work earned me the title of Bicycle Commuter of the Year for my county. Go team!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN A RUN*
3 comments:
that is so awesome...great idea too! I am currently taking my daughter through the C25K program so she can run 5k's with me...blessings
Congrats to you both!
I'm full of admiration for both of you! :-)
Post a Comment