I have run one...and that was the San Diego Heart Marathon way back in 1979...before the marathon was even a women's event in the Olympics. It started out over the Coronado Bridge as the sun was rising...and ended at Padres Stadium. I went out too fast in all the excitment...and then the sun came out. I finished. I didn't walk any of it. And I really have no desire to ever run another straight 26.2 miles again. The longest 4 hours and 5 minutes of my life.
Give me a half marathon- for a good cause-
like the S.F. Women's Nike that my daughter and I ran in October...where the proceeds go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society...(Did you know Daughter #1 is a childhood leukemia SURVIVOR? 2.5 years of daily chemotherapy. But that's a story for letter S.)
Or give me the local New Year's Day run
that gives out the coolest t-shirts and doesn't start until 9:30 so all the partiers can make it to the start.
Or give me a mini triathlon
Or give me a century ride around Lake Tahoe with Team in Training or a 100K for the Lung Association
but no thank you to another marathon...
BUT I will root for my friends running The Boston Marathon on Monday! Go Kira! She's wearing Bib number 9114 and you can follow her progress by text at www.baa.org
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN A MARATHON...ONCE*




10 comments:
inspiring..
I'm very impressed! It's not something I think I could ever do, but it made me smile to read it today, as my friend is getting ready to set off on her first marathon this morning, raising money for cancer, in memory of her mum.
Inspiring post, especially the ending.
Look forward to the rest of your challenge run…can’t believe we’ve had 15 days already!
--Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012
Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge
You are a good person. My husband ran a full one once (for Leukemia) and I was in total awe.
Hopping through with A-Z! Nice to meet you. :)
A movie marathon is more my speed, but you know I'm very proud of you both! ;-)
I'm so impressed you did this. I've never really wanted to run a marathon (or walk one come to that) but am always impressed by people who do it!
Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (around #777 on the A to Z list
So cool....I've done, let's see 3 marathons and use to be a consistent runner of 5K's and half marathons and then I blew out my knees and well, I miss it terribly. I ride a bike and I walk but it just isn't that runner's high I feel when I'm in the zone and I know you know what I'm talking about...my husband and son ran in a race on Saturday and I love cheering them on but I'd rather be running!
Congrats to your daughter who is a survivor!
This is really cool! Good luck with all of your events!
You deserve to say "never"!
When anyone mentions a marathon....I always think of M!!! {YOU}
I did not know your daughter had chemo for 2.5 years! Wowza.....I am so thrilled that she is doing well and living such a great life.
xo
Post a Comment