Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Larvae

Larvae: the immature, wingless, and often wormlike feeding form that hatches from the egg of many insects, alters chiefly in size while passing through several molts, and is finally transformed into a pupa or chrysalis from which the adult emerges.  

Little 5 day old Larvae...


BIG about ready to spin into cocoon larvae



















Silk worms, butterflies, ladybugs, chick eggs... - the Lifecycle- it's in the kindergarten science standards....and I just kick it up a notch because, what 5 year old doesn't like to hold a caterpillar?

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*LOVE SOME LARVAE*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Educational : )

Cindy Dwyer said...

My in-laws by mealworms through mail order to feed the bluebirds nesting in their yard. Bug that may be "yucky" to us, attract lots of beautiful things to our yards.

Dana said...

I have to admit the pictures made me cringe. My son would love them! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

These are really cool...but I should not have looked at this while eating my oatmeal. :(