I painted it at the entrance to my classroom. Each morning I greet my kinders with the greeting of their choice...if they stand on the:
Heart=a hug
Hand up=High 5
Hands sideways=Handshake
Smiley Face=Hello
*
It's a nice way to start the day...and it prevents a traffic jam at the cubbies.
(*Note, I am not at work this week so I pulled this photo from the archives of my old LMNOP blog...this greeting mat is from my old school and a new one is painted on my new threshold...the thermometer was showing that it was 42 degrees at recess...which is darn cold for here...the greeting mat was power washed by the janitor and the concrete paint didn't hold up.)
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*START THE DAY WITH A GREETING*
10 comments:
What a cute idea! :)
I love it! Do you ever have anyone who just wants a hello? My end of the day is a hug or high five or goodbye...After about the 2nd day, most want a hug AND a high five.
Such a cool idea to get the kids involved and have something bright and cheery to see first thing in the morning each day :)
Awesome idea. What a great way to start the day. I'm sure the kids love it!
What a differnce this must make to children. Good job.
Teresa
That's cool. I'm going to pass this idea on to a young teacher I know. She'll love it.
Nice. You're so lucky to greet sweet, naive faces each morning. Teaching kinders must be exhausting, but I imagine the rewards justify the effort.
that is sooo cool!
Kids appreciate special things and things to make them feel special.
Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out
What a sweet way to start the day!
Post a Comment