Sunday, April 15, 2012

Monty

Two years ago we had to put our old black lab to sleep...he was a great dog, but just worn out. "Uncle" Woody came to work with me every day and slept under a table during class. The kids would play ball with him at recess and if someone was feeling sad you would soon find them under the table, laying with the dog and stroking his head. It is time for a new dog...one that I will have certified as a therapy dog, so it can go to work with me and make visits to Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford. But we have to mend the fence and get rid of the downstairs carpeting and a few other things before we can get a puppy.

So while I wait, I borrow Monty...

who belongs to a family that my kids babysit for...and yesterday and today Monty ran with Daughter #1 and I. When I went to pick him up this morning he saw me through the window...and he ran to the front door and tried to open it with his nose. He kept hitting the knob with no results. So he came back to the window and began to paw at it.

"NO!" I said, and he immediately stopped. And then he whimpered....and then his girl opened the door and gave me his leash.

Monty lost his mind!

When we got to the trail he pulled us along way faster than we wanted to go...but after a mile and a half he slowed down...and so did we.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER
*RUN WITH A FURRY FRIEND*

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

OMG, how cool is it that you can have a dog in your classroom?!?! I'm jealous.

M said...

Totally cool!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh! I love that. He is such a cutie. That face rocks my world. :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a sweet boy! And what a gift to have people to exercise him for them.
I can't wait till you get a puppy....want help with the fence and carpet?? :)