Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C is for CALIFORNIA

This book is actually part of the "Good Night" series, but I chose California for "C." Adam Gamble, creates board books for most states, major cities and even the world. Each book covers specific landmarks that are memorable that area- a great way to teach geography. As a parent, I used board books with my own small children because of durability. After attending The Reading and Writing Project at Columbia, I totally brought board books in my first grade classroom....I thought the children would shy from "baby books," but they have a brand new love for these books from their first years...and now used to master reading.
In Good Night California, you travel from the Pacific, to Yosemite-(my favorite as I have climbed Half Dome,) to the Redwoods and Golden Gate to farm lands and zoos.

No matter where you live, there is most likely a book like this for you....or where you plan to travel...or for the little one you want to share the love of books with.
 
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*GOOD NIGHT HALF
DOME, I HOPE TO GET A PERMIT
TO CLIMB YOU AGAIN THIS SUMMER*

8 comments:

Unknown said...

travel books for kids, great idea.

Shannon @I Survived and Now I Run said...

I too used board books often with my little ones...they are now teens and bigger than me now...blessings! I too cannot believe it has been a year since we "met".

Dana said...

I would love this for traveling! What a great idea for a series. :)

So happy to have met you last year. ☺

Cynthia said...

Being a native California girl, I think it's awesome that a book like this exists!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

I love learning geography, and these sort of books are so valuable!

Keep Calm and A-Z
An A-Z of learning English
Round the world from A to Z

Teacher-Mom said...

If you love Yosemite and travel books I recommend Steve Riley and his books about his character Little Ty Cooney.

Trisha said...

Sounds like a fun book! I have never been to Yosemite but I love CA.

Wendy said...

I'm glad to see from your comment on my blog that it's been a year since we became blogging buddies through A to Z. So Happy Anniversary!

I'm sure I never knew about the geographical aspect of the Good Night book/series. But whenever I visit bookstores at tourist towns, I have seen children's books that do sort of the same thing focusing on the local history.