Now if you were around for letter E, you already know of my LOVE for Mo Willems, who is the 21st century Dr. Seuss...my students are learning to read from this funny, funny author.
BUT, this book is the best...it introduces children to being the actual reader....Piggie frantically realizes that the end of the book is coming...you can see her flipping the pages back on the cover to see how many more pages there are for her to "be read." Gerald, the Elephant, tells her a secret so that the reader will continue to read....it is hilarious. This simple series with two stars and simple backgrounds in the stories keep my kids returning again and again to these books. The drawings are easily copied by young children allowing them to make Piggie and Elephant books of their own.
If you haven't read this book to a youngster, do so next time you have the chance.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*BE A READER*
6 comments:
I keep saying this, but I have to say it again: This book sounds great. :) Thanks for all the recommendations.
Ah, poor Piggie. Sounds like a fun book.
Hey, my friend! Thanks for the recommendations. I am going to have to check that book out of the library to read to my great grands. They absolutely love to be read to. They know the caterpillar book. I am a retired elementary school librarian, so I absolutely am wild for books. Best regards to you. Ruby
Sounds cute!
I write kid lit too :)
XO
Pen
Visiting from A to Z: www.penelopecrowe.blogspot.com
I gotta find this one. I like the concept of it. Reminds me of how I feel when I really like a story and realize it's going to end sooner rather than later.
Don't be a Hippie
Take 25 to Hollister
Piggie does exactly what I do. That is too funny!!
Post a Comment