Monday, April 29, 2013

You say it's your birthday...

You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party.

I would like you to dance--Birthday
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance-Birthday
I would like you to dance--Birthday
Dance

You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too--yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
 


You guessed it...Y is for it's Your Birthday...and it is mine today....and what a day I have had!

I wished I had done this years ago...I changed my school birthday to Feb. 14....when we have a party for Valentine's Day and I don't waste any teaching time celebrating my day....which is a big thing in first grade!

So no guilt today at all as I slept in, went to the freestyle swim clinic at the college...headed to Athleta to pick up a dress I had hemmed, got things for a BBQ at Costco...came home and made cookies and potato salad and beans for dinner...then went to Filoli to pick up Daughter #2 but first, she gave us our own private tour of the gardens....(if you don't know about Filoli...google it- the house was on the opening of Dynasty, the TV series in the 80's...

THE WEATHER WAS ORDERED JUST FOR ME! It is in the high 80's...I love me some warm weather and today was it! The gardens were beautiful. Daughter #1 is working an internship there...she graduated in Botany and is getting experience here for 10 weeks of intense work.

Last night The Captain and a friend of ours walked to a little pub, celebrated and then walked home...after a pizza dinner...and drinks....and I was still able to get up and have a rockin' day!


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOYING 
MY BIRTHDAY ON Y DAY*

6 comments:

Dana said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like the perfect day. :)

Cindy Dwyer said...

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday! And of course, I need to know about the dress :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations in completing the A to Z Challenge.

Yvonne
A to Z AMBASSADOR.

Wendy said...

Oops -- forgot to read yesterday, so I'm late. A belated VERY HAPPY Birthday!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Happy belated birthday to you. I'm so glad your day was wonderful, you deserve the best! Your daughter's internship sounds so darn cool, I'm loving her direction in life!!!