Saturday, April 27, 2013

X is for...

Xigua! Which is watermelon in Chinese...I have to stretch here as there are no Children's books beginning with X that I recommend...instead I bring you this:
 

Lois Ehlert does a wonderful job with a fruit and vegetable for every letter....and letters like P take up two pages!

The letter X, which I don't have a photo of because my books are packed to move...is the closest X I could find. (And google images show many pages but not X!) Plus Lois Ehlert is another favorite...and this colorful book is great for teaching nutrition, introduction to fruits and vegetables from other cultures and IT IS FUN! The last pages of the book give a definition of each fruit and vegetable in the book...another of her original, wonderfully designed books.


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*EAT 5 A DAY*

5 comments:

Dana said...

Her books are really nice. This is a good one!

Deb Betz said...

Great idea! I like your theme.

visiting from A~Z
www.wearinglemon.blogspot.com

Busy Bee Suz said...

The drawings are so bright and pretty; I likey!!!!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I like the popping colors. Bet it gets quite a few kids asking for fruits and veggies.
Don't be a Hippie
Take 25 to Hollister

Wendy said...

I like the multi-cultural aspect of the book too.