Wednesday, April 10, 2013

J is for.....

"Joey & Jet"
Written and illustrated by James Yang


cheated today....spring break is catching up to me...after 3 days of work, running club that I am in charge of Monday and Wednesday before class and working out hard Monday and Wednesday after work I am spent...so I browsed through Amazon and  copied the review for Joey and Jet - (Not to mention that I had no favorites beginning with the letter J!)
:

A quick moving, stylishly cartoonish romp, with a loyal dog (Jet) chasing a ball thrown by his boy (Joey). The ball goes past birds, through the woods, over the water, into a cafe, down a hole etc., and yet the energetic Jet zips along, finally fetching the ball and bringing it back... only to have Joey throw it again!! Writer/artist James Yang does commercial graphic work for a number of national magazines, and this digitally-rendered book bops along at a brisk pace, delivering its zippy punchline after an action-packed outing. 

This is a great book for teaching positional words and phrases. A great pre-reader for kids to memorize and then "read" aloud.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*
I WILL SLEEP WELL TONIGHT*

8 comments:

Dani said...

This seems like a cute read!
Dani @ Entertaining Interests
#warriorminion

Wendy said...

You can be forgiven! I like the artwork on the cover. The tip about using the book for teaching positional words is a good one.

Unknown said...

I really like your blog! It looks like I can get a bunch of ideas here for books for my kids.
Shawn at Reading Practice

Shannon @I Survived and Now I Run said...

Great review...have a Wonderful day sweetie...blessings!

Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run

Dana said...

Aw, this looks cute!

Busy Bee Suz said...

It does look really cute!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to keep this in mind for baby shower gifts- I try to always give books!

Rhonda Albom said...

Cheatings okay for AtoZ - as long as it follows the letters. :)

Thanks for checking out my AtoZ.
Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
AtoZ #41