Wednesday, April 17, 2013

P is for....

PARTICIPATE...

(so much for the theme today....if I had continued it would be the children's book Pig Pig Grows Up, about a selfish little pig who refuses to grow up and his mother goes along with it....a lot like many students I have taught,)

But instead I bring you this:
6 Olympic swimmers!
2 children's oncologists!
All part of Swim Across America!

There was a wonderful talk by the oncologists and one heartbreaking talk by a mother whose son had the same cancer as my daughter. He relapsed twice and died after an unsuccessful bone marrow transplant. The event is raising funds to help research and survivor support at the two local children's hospitals...a very worthy cause since so little research is done on childhood cancers.

And I got the Olympian's autographs...

 my first graders will think it is the coolest :)

Sue Heon-Preston 1984 Olympian, Allison Wagner 1996 Olympics silver medalist 400 meter indiv. medley, Mike Bruner 1976 gold medalist 200 meter butterfly, Sean Killion1992, Mike Kiedek 2000- all participating in Swim Across America!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*GET AN AUTOGRAPH TATTOO*

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The first graders will think it is the coolest. And so do I.

You know what else is cool? Your big arm muscles.

You are beautiful Marey. Absolutely, positively beautiful.

Wendy said...

You gave Pig Pig his due. Being a participant in Swim Across America sounds like a very grown up thing to do. Stroke on!

Cindy Dwyer said...

What a great event. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy Dwyer said...

What a great event. Thanks for sharing.

Bob Sanchez said...

Stopping by to say hi on the A-Z Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Saying hi from the A to Z Challenge. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those Dr's are such hero's!!!! Glad you were able to visit with them all. I'm wondering how long your tattoo/autographs lasted? Damn, look at those guns on you. :)
XO