Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is for....

Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf...


"It was born long before I was. The wind blew the leaves from the big maple tree in the woods. They twirled and whirled as they fell to the ground."

Lois Ehlert is one of my favorite children's authors because she combines fiction and non-fiction. Her stories have facts combined with a story that inspire the reader to plant, build, sew, etc. Her bold, bright pictures are generally collage...and the way her words flow are soft and soothing. If you have a small child, check out Lois' work under "E" in the library. There will surely be crafts in the works after your reading.

 Happy Saturday my A-Z friends...

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER* REJOICE THAT THE 
BOMBER IS IN CUSTODY*

6 comments:

Dana said...

Putting this on my list for when we go to the library next week. Thanks! Have a great weekend. ☺

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Nice to meet you, M! Your blog is clever and original, I look forward to reading more!

Wendy said...

I enjoy collage art, so if I had a little one to read to, I'd be checking this one out.

Loralie Hall said...

I remember this name, but only barely. You've inspired me to look the books up again, and relive the vivid experience ^_^
____
Find me:
Blog: http://allysonlindt.com
email: Allyson.Lindt@gmail.com
Twitter: @AllysonLindt

Inger said...

I really like the way you are able to say much with few words. Wish I could.

Disha Doshi Shah said...

its going on my to - read list.. Happy to connect. I am now following you via A to Z Challenge . Do feel free to drop by my blog Wilderness at www.disha-doshi.blogspot.com