Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring break is over....

So sad to say good bye to a fun 9 days....last Saturday, at 3 a.m. the Captain and I took off for L.A. We arrived in time to check out my mom's house that we are renting and then to have breakfast at a local hole-in-the-wall that we miss so much. Good, hot food cooked to order- plus the best owners and workers ever. They remembered us from 2 years ago when we were working on the house every weekend and holiday.

Then to my sister's to check out the type of crown moulding that we were going to install...and then proceeded to put up 187 linear feet! We patched the nail holes, installed a new thermostat, a new door bell- patched the 1,000 holes we made putting up the moulding and then sanded the and shopped for new paint.

Wednesday we headed to San Diego to stay and visit with college roommates...and take bike rides on the boardwalk and around the bay...and two 5 mile runs around the bay and Lake Miramar. It was sad to pack up Saturday afternoon and drive to San Simeon. It was a long drive, getting in just in time to have a little dinner and go to bed. We got up early and headed up to Hearst's Castle since The Captain had never been there...then to Nit Wit Ridge to see a crazy house built by "Captain Nit-Wit," and then the drive home.....I am finishing laundry and then off to bed.

My college buddy Carol...and the lake we ran around...I am not an Amazon woman...this photo just looks like it...Carol is a little over 5 feet tall...and I once upon a time was 5'10", but I swear I look like I am 6'5" here!
More S.D. and castle photos to come :)

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*GOOD BYE SPRING BREAK*

3 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh, a quick long trip! The last night of vacation is so hard...it's mine too and I've been wallowing all day.
Dying to know what restaurant you went to! :)
Have a great Monday!

Wendy said...

Sounds like the perfect blend of work and play.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow....you guys packed a lot into your spring break. I'm glad you had a great time. Looking forward to more pictures. :)