Monday, April 15, 2013

M is also for Marathon...

one of which I have run and never plan to run another....too hard on the body...too much time training.

But the point of this post is about today. That some sick person planned to bomb the finish of the Boston Marathon. The first thing I did was text my friend to make sure her daughter and husband were not in this year's event. They ran the previous 2 years...I just needed to know they were not there. For their sake's, they were not- but it doesn't stop the ache inside of all those people who were hurt or killed- and their families suffering...and the little children...

May the people in Boston find some peace tonight.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*PEACE*

8 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Just terrible.

Unknown said...

I agree! My brother ran it last year. I'm so glad it wasn't this year. But I'm so sad for all the amazing athletes who had to go through that!

Silvia Writes said...

What's happened in Boston has sickened me. I call friends to make sure they were ok, and while they were fine, I heard fear and sadness in their voices.
Sick ... but we have to be strong!
Felt therapeutic reading your blog today.


Silvia @ Silvia Writes

Chancelet said...

The news sickens me just about every time I come across it lately, and I rarely watch the news. What's up with people these days? that's my question. There seems to be an epidemic of psychopathic behavior.

Rhonda Albom said...

I agree, well said. Thanks.

Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
Visiting from AtoZ #41

baygirl32 said...

well said

A to Z Ninja Minion
baygirl32.blogspot.com

Cindy Dwyer said...

So senseless. My sister and her family sometimes go and watch. Thank God they weren't there this year. I'm lad your friend wasn't there either.

Wendy said...

One of our friends ran last year. So glad it was last year.