This book was "old" when I was in kindergarten and it is definitely old now...like 70 years old, yet my students love it as well as newly released Piggie and Elephant books.
VIrginia Lee Burton wrote Mike Mulligan and Maryann in 1939, after her first book failed with 13 publishers. She read that failure of a book to her son and he fell asleep before she got to the end...so from then on that was her test...reading the book with her own children. Then Mike Mulligan and Maryann was was published after passing her kid proof test.
Katy and the Big Snow published in 1943, takes you through the big snow behind Katy the plow as she rescues the town of Geoppolis. Heart warming and a sweet story to go to bed by.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*
LAUGH HARDER*TGIF!*

4 comments:
Awwww I love that book:))
I remember Mike Mulligan but not this one. Sounds like a good one!
Never heard of it. I wonder how come.
Anyway, nice discovering your blog.
Mary at Mary A to Z
As soon as I saw the picture, I thought of Mike Mulligan.
Post a Comment