Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for DRAGON SOUP

D is also for Dragons...two of them who concoct soups in their cave- one soup sweet and one soup sour. They have argued over the better soup for years...but as a reader you do not know this until Tonlu ventures into the cave to steal some fortune to save her family's farm.
 
The adventurous girl believes she will become part of the soup after she has been captured by the dragons while to stealing a giant pearl from the sleeping dragons. The tale ends happily but not without suspense. I read this book during Chinese New Year's yet it is perfect for teaching about cultures and morals. It is great for all ages with its magnificent drawings and dragons.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY SPRING BREAK
 WHICH I AM DOING RIGHT NOW*

10 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds like something my son would love! Thanks for the recommendation.

Shannon @I Survived and Now I Run said...

Love the illustration on the cover! Sounds like a great read for kids and adults!

Unknown said...

beautiful cover.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Love this book! What a fun A to Z challenge. Heading back to check out the rest. Hope you're enjoying spring break.

M Pax said...

What a neat book, and I love the cover! Happy D!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The cover looks gorgeous too!

Wendy said...

Looks like a beautifully illustrated book. When I taught preschool, I was always looking for a good book to go along with Chinese New Year.

baygirl32 said...

sounds like something kiddo would love!

A to Z Ninja Minion
http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

Nancy Thompson said...

Love that cover!

(New follower via the A to Z.)

The Good Twin @thewinetwins.blogspot.com said...

My kids loves dragons! Can't wait to get a hold of this!!

Thanks!

The Good Twin @ thewinetwins.blogspot.com